Utility Sync is used to automate the process of getting your electric, fuel, and water data into Measurabl. To get started, first choose which option works best for each account you're trying to enroll:
- Online: We connect directly to the provider's online portal and data is pulled automatically into Measurabl.
- Recommended if you have access to the username and password to the utility provider portal
- Offline: Will require you to upload PDF invoices directly into Measurabl.
- Recommended if you only have access to PDF invoices for your account(s)
NOTE: At this time we do not support waste data automation through Utility Sync. To upload your waste data into Measurabl, please do so as you would add any manual meter into Measurabl.
How to setup your Utility Sync accounts in Measurabl:
- Navigate to the 'Utility Sync' tab in Measurabl.
- Select the property you'd like to enroll your Utility Sync account(s) under. Properties with the "+ No Accounts" status have no utility accounts activated yet.
- Click on the 'Add Utility Provider' button in the top right corner of the page. Note: If the utility provider is not already in Measurabl, please refer to this guide for steps on how to add a new provider.
To enroll an ONLINE account, enter in the provider, username, password, account number(s), security question (if applicable) > hit 'save.'
To enroll an OFFLINE account, switch the 'online' toggle to 'no' and you will only need to enter the name of the provider and account number(s) > hit 'save.'
For further detail on deciding between enrolling your account as online vs. offline, please refer to this guide. After initial account enrollment, it can take up to 3 weeks for the first delivery of data to Measurabl.
Additional Information & FAQs:
- What is required to setup an ONLINE Utility Sync account?
- Utility provider name
- Utility provider's online portal website address
- Username & password
- Utility account number(s)
- What is required to setup an OFFLINE Utility Sync account?
- Utility provider name
- Account number(s)
- Access to PDF invoices
- Why can't I see my property in Utility Sync?
- Your property must be connected to Energy Star in order to use Utility Sync.
- How do the meters appear in ENERGY STAR after I create my online/offline Utility Sync account?
- Your Utility Sync meter names will be in the following format “MSR.(provider)(account number):(meter number)” in both platforms.
- New 'meter(s)' will automatically be created in ENERGY STAR for each Utility Sync account and meter.
- What data does Utility Sync push to my Measurabl and ENERGY STAR account?
- Bill start and end dates
- Utility usage and total cost
- Demand (kw) and demand cost (electric meters only)
- Tell me more about Electric Demand tracking.
- When demand is available on the bill, Measurabl auto-populates demand and demand cost into the electric meter in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Check out this ENERGY STAR guide to learn more about demand tracking.
- I received an email about a Utility Sync issue. How do I fix it?
- Measurabl sends out a bi-weekly email, flagging any of your Utility Sync accounts with issues. You will receive this email if there are any issues with the accounts at your property(s).
- Clicking the icon in the email will take you straight to your account's Utility Sync tab so you can see which accounts have issues. For guidance on how to fix your Utility Sync issues, refer to this guide.
- Outside of the emails, you can check the status of your accounts at any time by logging into Measurabl and looking at the "Status" column on your Utility Sync page.
Feel free to reach out to our support team with any additional questions or concerns. Make sure to include the property, account, and further detail on your request.