This article covers the steps to set up a campus and share the campus properly with Measurabl. For considerations on whether setting up a campus is the right configuration for your sites, please see here.
Steps to Set-up & Share Sites:
- Follow ESPM’s guide on How to Benchmark a Campus in Portfolio Manager.
- In order for the child sites to display properly as spaces in Measurabl, edit the "Property Details" in ESPM, so the "Use Type" is the name of the child property instead of the default “Building Use” option (if you don’t do this, all the child sites will display under spaces in Measurabl with the name “Building Use” and their respective size).
- Check the size in ESPM for the parent property to avoid duplication (the sizes of the parent and each child will sum together into Gross Floor Area in Measurabl).
- If the parent property is its own site, use the size of just the parent property.
- If the parent property is just being used as a shell to combine the child sites under, use “1” as the size so it does not disrupt your total size metrics.
- Follow this guide to share sites from ESPM to Measurabl – note the parent and all child sites will need to be shared following these steps.
Setting up Utility Sync Accounts for a Campus:
- The parent site and all child sites will display as individual sites on the Utility Sync dashboard. Most commonly, Measurabl customers will enroll utility accounts underneath the child sites – this will save the step of assigning the meters to spaces. If you do have accounts that cover multiple sites in the campus, enrolling the accounts under the parent property will be best, and when the meter data is processed the meters can be assigned to spaces.
- For instructions on enrolling Utility Sync accounts, click here.
- For details on assigning meters to spaces, click here.