Tracking and reducing GHG emissions across your portfolio is vital to improving sustainability performance and scoring highly on third-party initiatives such as GRESB, CDP, and LEED. For general information on GHG emissions, please see this article.
Measurabl makes GHG emissions (total, scope 1, scope 2, and tenant scope 3) available from a handful of reports within the Portfolio Trends tab. Here’s a quick list, and this article provides visual guidance on pulling emissions metrics with each report.
- Portfolio-level total emissions by calendar month in visual graph
- Total annual emissions by site shown in Portfolio Trends Site Export report
- Annual Scope 1, Scope 2, and Tenant Scope 3 emissions by site shown in Data Quality Report (see this article for steps on downloading that report)
How to view GHG Emissions:
- Click on the “Portfolio Trends” tab.
- Click on the “Metrics” drop-down at the top-left and hover over “Carbon”
- Select the scope of GHG Emissions you want to view. The graph and table below will re-generate to display the Emissions type selected.
- Click the “Period” drop-down to choose the two 12-month periods that you’d like to compare
5. In the resulting table, you can see exact monthly emissions figures for the portfolio by hovering over individual calendar months
6. Scroll down to the Site Breakout table to see emissions by site. There you can:
a. Filter the sites (more on that below)
b. Sort the sites (example: sort from highest to lowest emissions per sq. ft.)
c. Search for individual sites by name
7. Use the Site Breakout table to create your own custom reports
a. Add/remove metrics by clicking the gear icon and checking those you wish to include
b. After selecting metrics, export your report in csv format
How do I view GHG Emissions based on Property Types and location?
Want to filter the table to a specific set of sites? Use the “Filter Sites” button to include only the sites, property types, regions, etc that you’re interested in.
How to Filter GHG Emissions by Property Type and Location:
- Select the emissions metric and a Time Period as shown above (steps 3-4).
- Click on the green “Filter Sites” button (to the right of the Period dropdown).
- Use the available filter fields to narrow the sites listed:
- Property Type
- Postal Code
- Year Built range
- Property Size range
If you have any inquiries regarding GHG Emissions or your Data Quality Reports, please reach out to us!