Tracking and reducing carbon emissions across your portfolio is vital to improving sustainability performance and scoring highly on third-party initiatives such as GRESB, CDP, and LEED. For general information on carbon emissions, please see this article.
Measurabl makes carbon emissions (Total, scope 1, scope 2, and tenant scope 3) available from a handful of sources. Here’s a quick list:
- Portfolio-level total emissions throughout the application (Portfolio Trends, Crossview, Portfolio Overview, Portfolio Sustainability Export)
- Total annual emissions by site shown in Portfolio Trends
- Annual Scope 1, Scope 2, and Tenant Scope 3 emissions by site shown in Portfolio Trends and the Data Quality Report (see this article for steps on downloading that report).
- Total and Scope Level Emissions metrics shown throughout the GRESB and CDP report areas of the application
- Total Emissions trends vs targets in the Targets feature. More information here.
How to view carbon emissions:
- Click on the “Analytics” tab on the left blue column and then click "Portfolio Trends" at the top.
- Click on the “Metrics” drop-down at the top-left and hover over “Carbon” > Select the scope of carbon Emissions you want to view. The graph and table below will re-generate to display the Emissions type selected.
- Click the “Period” drop-down to choose the two periods that you’d like to compare.
- Click "Filter Sites" to filter included sites by property type, location, year built, and size. Click "Apply".
- In the resulting table, you can see exact monthly emissions figures for the portfolio by hovering over individual calendar months
- Scroll down to the Site Breakout table to see emissions by site. There you can:
- Filter the sites further
- Sort the sites (example: sort from highest to lowest emissions per sq. ft.)
- Search for individual sites by name
- Use the Site Breakout table to create your own custom reports:
- Add/remove metrics by clicking the "Columns" icon and checking those you wish to include
- After selecting metrics, export your report in csv format
How to view carbon emission targets:
You can also view your carbon emissions' targets on the 'Targets' tab at the top. For information regarding how to add/edit different targets, please see this article.
- Navigate to “Analytics” and select “Targets.” Select “Add New Target” then specify a carbon target. Or open a carbon target you’ve already entered.
- Hover over the wanted time period on your graph to see your progress and specific data points around emissions trends. You can also make updates to your target or retrieve any additional data needed on this page.