This guide will walk you through all the essential steps to get your portfolio set up, including: Linking EnergyStar, adding & removing sites, inviting users & editing user permissions, and creating subgroups.
1. Linking with ENERGY STAR
Linking ENERGY STAR with Measurabl is an essential step in setting up your portfolio. If the sites you’ll be managing in Measurabl are already added in ENERGY STAR, you’ll want to link your ENERGY STAR account with Measurabl to sync your sites’ historical data. Simply follow these steps to link your account with Measurabl.
NOTE: If you don’t have an ENERGY STAR account set up yet, first follow the steps in this guide to create an account.
2. Adding Sites
There are two ways that you may add sites to your portfolio. Option 1 you will use if you want to link your sites in ENERGY STAR; Option 2 will be used if you are adding manual sites.
Option 1 Adding ENERGY STAR Properties:
NOTE: If you want to set up Utility Sync at a property, it must be an ENERGY STAR property.
- If you have not already, add a property(s) in your linked ENERGY STAR account, following this guide.
- Share your sites and it's meters with Measurabl following these steps.
Option 2 Adding Manual Properties:
- Navigate to the 'Sites' tab from the landing page.
- Click on the green '+' button at the top of the Site table > 'Add Site'. NOTE: To add manual sites in bulk, follow these steps.
- Fill in the Site Details for that property > Click 'Save'.
3. Removing Sites
Before removing any sites, be sure that you truly want to exclude them from your performance metrics in Measurabl. Note that GRESB, for example, requires including sites in your report if your organization owned them for any period of time during the reporting year. This guide will walk you through the steps if you want to deactivate or delete a property.
- Deactivating Sites: You can deactivate sites by toggling the button in the 'Active' column on the right of the table from the 'Sites' tab. You can always go back and reactivate the site in the same spot, if needed.
- Deleting ENERGY STAR Sites: To fully delete an ENERGY STAR site, you'll need to delete it within ENERGY STAR.
- Deleting Manual Sites: You can delete manual sites from the 'Sites' tab > Select the property > Click the ellipsis in the top right of the 'Site Overview' page > Delete. This can not be undone!
4. Inviting Users to your Group
You'll want to invite the users who will be managing your data. Since you’re the portfolio manager, you have the ownership rights over the group of sites. Navigate to this article to learn how to invite appropriate users to help you manage your portfolio. You can invite three other types of users:
- Portfolio Member = Has the same views as a Portfolio Manager, can collaborate on reports (GRESB, CDP), add/edit all sites, access utility sync data, and invite users.
- Subgroup Member = Has access to all properties within a subgroup. At the subgroup portfolio level, they can view analytics, reports, and users - however, they don't have access to Utility Sync and can't invite site managers. To learn more about subgroups, refer here.
- Site Manager = Can view and edit a specific site including site profile, utility data, projects & audits, and certifications & ratings.
5. Creating Subgroups
Subgroups are buckets of sites within a larger portfolio. By creating subgroups, you can segment your portfolio by fund, location, property type, size, asset value, management, or any other characteristic you find useful. Learn more about creating subgroups here.