Users can track both purchased (offsite) and generated (onsite) renewable electricity. Other energy types like biofuel are not currently available. There are 3 types of on/offsite electric meters that can be created in Measurabl:
- On-site Solar
- On-site Wind
- Off-site Renewable Electric
How to add renewable energy meters:
- Navigate to your property > Go to the 'Utilities' tab on the left menu bar.
- Click the green plus button next to the 'On-site Renewable Electric' header > Add the basic meter information including name, type (Solar or Wind), units, and tracking instrument (more info here). If you want to add an off-site renewable electric meter, click the green '+' next to the 'Electric' header > Enter the meter info (toggle the 'Off-site Renewable' to yes).
- Next, you will want to assign the meter to a space.
- If you want to change an existing electric meter to an off-site renewable meter, you can click into the meter > Toggle the 'Off-site Renewable' to yes > Select the Tracking Instrument > Save.
- Then, you will add meter readings, either manually in the app or in bulk via spreadsheet. For each meter reading, you’ll enter both the usage (the amount of generated electricity used onsite) and the amount exported (the amount of generated electricity sent back to the grid). There is no cost field for onsite renewable electricity because there are no purchases involved.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our support team.