Document Repository is a central archive for Portfolio & Subgroup Members to store all relevant documents pertaining to your company’s Environmental, Social and Governmental information in Measurabl. This is especially valuable for disclosure reporting outside the confines of GRESB and CDP.
Navigating the Document Repository tab in Measurabl:
- The Document Repository is on the left-hand side, under the ‘Documents’ tab.
UPLOADING DOCUMENTS & FOLDERS
- To add documents, click the “+” button at the top right of the ‘Documents’ page (under the advertisement banner) > Click ‘Upload’
- Select one or many files from your computer > Click ‘Upload’
- Click ‘Close’ to see the Document Repository home page or click “Select More Files” to upload more files.
- Click on the file to see its contents.
- To add a folder, click the ‘+’ button at the top right of the ‘Documents’ page (under the advertisement banner) > Click ‘Add Folder’
- Enter the name of the folder. It must have a unique name, otherwise it’ll display an error > Click ‘Create’
EDITING & UPDATING FILES
Now that you’ve added your files to Measurabl, you can add comments, tags, descriptions and other metadata to your files. Here’s how:
DRAWING ON FILES
Yes, you can draw on the document if you want!
- Click on the document’s name to view it.
- Click the pencil icon > Draw anything you want anywhere in the document, such as an arrow to a specific passage.
- Click ‘Save’ to save it on the document or ‘Delete’ to delete it
- Click ‘Done’ to get out of Draw mode.
Every drawing will have a tooltip on it of who added it, and the drawing can be deleted even after it’s saved.
COMMENTING ON FILES
You can add comments in documents to track notes about necessary updates or talking points.
- Click on the document’s name to view it.
- There are 2 ways to comment on a document:
- The comment button: By clicking the comment button, you’re able to select a specific part of the document to add a comment. Don’t forget to click ‘Done’ when you’re done adding comments to the document. All comments will appear in the Activity sidebar to the right. Click onto any of the comments to jump to the specific comment.
- The Activity sidebar: Alternatively, type a comment directly into the Activity sidebar and then click ‘Post’. This area is great for adding high-level comments to the document..
Comments can always be modified or deleted by the comment author at any time.
TAGGING A FILE
Sometimes it will make sense to add tags to the document so you can quickly find the document by a specific filter or topic. You can do this by adding a tag to the document. Here’s how:
- While viewing the document, click the icon in the bottom right of the page that looks like a tag or a label.
- Type in a tag you think is relevant to the file and hit ‘Enter’. The tag is added underneath the text box.
- Keep typing tags & hitting enter to add them. When you’re done adding tags, click “Save” to save the tags to the file.
A document’s tags will always be available at the bottom of the file.
PRINTING & DOWNLOADING
You may want to download a document to change the content or share it with a coworker outside of Measurabl. In these cases, there are 2 ways to print documents:
- In the ellipses (“...”) menu on the Document Repository home page: Click this button on the home page and then click ‘Download’
- The Download icon while previewing a document: Click the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down to Download the document.
To print a document, click the printer icon in the top right of the document while previewing it. From there, select the printer and print as usual.
SEARCHING & FILTERING
There’s a search bar at the top of the Document Repository homepage. Use this search bar as usual to find a file by name, tag, comment, description, and even content.
Additional Information & FAQs:
- Keep in mind that the Document Repository is only available to portfolio managers and subgroup members at the premium tier. If you do not have this feature yet, you will see a teaser page where you can schedule a demo to see more of the feature for a free 30 day trial.
What can I use the Document Repository for?
- Uploading & downloading ESG documents
- Creating folders to organize documents
- Tagging & note tracking for each document
- Searching & filtering across document names, tags & descriptions
- Scanning documents for viruses
- Tracking multiple versions of your documents & who made the changes
- Sharing and exchanging documents with other portfolio managers and subgroup members
- Your Customer Success Manager will also be able to use Document Repository to store and manage documents & reports performed offline, such as Data Check documents and exports they’ve customized for you
Common use cases of the Document Repository feature:
- Storing GRESB-related documentation
- Tracking tenant engagement documents & green leasing
- Tracking social initiatives at the corporate-level
- Storing reports customized offline
- Creating and adding templates
- Ultimately, this feature is for anything that will make your ESG tracking & reporting easier!
What type of documents can I upload?
- Text-based documents, Images, Presentations, Audio files, Video files, Flash/Mobile video files, Compressed files, and 3D files
What does the Document Repository not support?
- The Document Repository is separate from all Utility Sync features. To upload your offline Utility Sync bills, please refer to this article.
- Utility bills will not be processed in the Document Repository. Bills will only be processed through the bill drop feature for offline Utility Sync.
- Project documents are not stored in the Document Repository, but you can add any other relevant documents which may not be covered in your projects. For instructions on how to add your projects & project documents to Measurabl please use this guide.
- Generated reports will not automatically show up in the Document Repository, although you may upload these reports to the Document Repository to keep track of common reports or any customizations you have made to them.