Cohort Insights (CI) is a real-time, flexible analytics tool that provides the real estate sector with insights about their Energy, Water, and Carbon performance via custom efficiency-based peer group comparisons.
Peer groups, also known as cohorts, are groups of buildings that are defined by you using a wide variety of building characteristics including: building type, size, location, data coverage, and more.
How to Navigate Cohort Insights:
- Select the ‘Analytics’ tab in the left menu bar. Click ‘Create a Cohort’.
- Select the metrics you would like to include in your cohort (Water, Energy, and/or Carbon) > Select a time period to determine what time frame your data will come from.
- Customize your cohort: This step allows you to choose which buildings you will be compared to based on the filters you select. If you select the ‘Property Type’ filter and choose type: Office, you will only be compared to other Office properties in the Measurabl database. The filters that are available for filtering your cohort are: Data Coverage, Location, Property Type, and Square Footage. You may also choose to only compare properties in your own portfolio by selecting the check box. Hit ‘Apply’ when finished.
NOTE: As you filter your cohort, you may see the following message: “Not enough data”. This means that there is not enough data in the Measurabl database to create a large enough Cohort for comparison purposes. To fix this, simply adjust the filters until the message goes away.
- Cohort Insights benchmarks buildings based on how efficient they are and this is represented through the Measurabl Efficiency Percentile. Each building in your custom cohort receives an Efficiency Percentile. This percentile metric is normalized by floor area, weather, use type, month, and year. The Efficiency Percentile you receive will change based on who you compare yourself to (i.e. how you filter your cohort).
- For more information, refer to our methodology.