You asked, and we answer. Here are the most common questions we receive about the GRESB Real Estate Assessment. Have more unanswered questions? Ask in the comment section below!
Does GRESB want me to report on major renovation projects and buildings under construction?
Yes, all portfolio assets should be included in your report. The new construction module allows further detailing of new construction and major renovation activities. Further, buildings under construction or renovation will not be included in like-for-like comparisons but will accrue to absolute performance.
Set the life-cycle stage on your site so it will be rolled up correctly accordingly for the final portfolio-level report.
We bought and sold assets this year. How do I note that correctly?
Add bought and sold dates directly to sites in Measurabl; learn how to mark them properly here.
Measurabl automatically identifies buildings eligible for like-for-like comparison — 24 months of data coverage with no less than 10 months of data in a given calendar year.
What is the difference between like-for-like and absolute performance?
Like-for-like is a comparative measure of performance — evaluating a building's change in environmental performance from year to year.
Absolute performance, on the other hand, is a stand-alone measurement aimed at evaluating total consumption and output across performance indicators.
How do I mark a site as "indirectly managed"?
1. Go to the Sites page and click on the site.
2. Click the Edit icon next to the site name.
3. Click on the Control tab. Mark "% Gross Leasable Area" = 100 and "Tenancy" = Single Tenant
4. Click save!
The site is marked indirectly managed.
How do I mark in Measurabl the areas of a building that each meter serves?
- Once inside a site, click on its "Utilities" tab. You'll see your utility meters broken out by type e.g. electric, fuel, water.
- For each type of utility, you can set a meter "Whole site" or "Common & Tenant Spaces".
- Now, click on a meter and select the correct type of service from the drop-down menu labeled "Serving". Your options are "Whole Building", "Tenant Space", "Common Area", and "Exterior Areas".