In deregulated markets, buildings can have separate energy accounts for generation and distribution. Flagging a utility account as "generation" prevents usage data from being duplicated in ENERGY STAR, but preserves total production cost within Measurabl and ENERGY STAR®. Here's how to flag a utility account as "generation":
ADD GENERATION UTILITY ACCOUNT:
- Navigate to the "Utility Sync" page.
- Click on your desired site.
- Click on "Add Utility Provider" (if the utility account has already been added, skip to step 5).
- Input utility provider credentials and click "Save."
- Click on the settings icon.
- Select "Mark as Generation Account."
- A pop-up will appear, click "Mark Generation Account".
Congrats! Your account's duplicative usage data is now omitted from Measurabl and ENERGY STAR®. It may take up to 24 hours for the updated figures to appear.
What if my utility bill accounts for both distribution and generation costs?
No need to mark these types of accounts as a generation account in Measurabl, we'll take care of it.
How will this change my meters in ENERGY STAR®?
After marking the generation account in Measurabl, the corresponding meters in ENERGY STAR® will reflect zero usage, but maintain consumption costs.
If you have any further questions please contact our support team!