Utility Sync is used to automate the process of getting your electric, fuel, and water data into Measurabl. To get started, first choose which option works best for each account you're wanting to enroll:
- Sync bills from utility provider portal: We connect directly to the provider's online portal and data is pulled automatically into Measurabl.
- Recommended if you have access to the username and password to the utility provider portal.
- Upload bills manually: Will require you to upload PDF invoices directly into Measurabl.
- Recommended if you only have access to PDF invoices for your account(s).
For further detail on deciding between these two options, please refer to this guide.
NOTE: At this time we do not support waste data automation through Utility Sync. To upload your waste data into Measurabl, please do so as you would add any manual meter into Measurabl.
Here's how to enroll a Utility Sync account:
- Before adding new accounts, we recommend to check what utility meters are already set up at your property, to prevent any duplicate meters. Please check from the home page > 'Sites' tab > Type & Select your site > Click on 'Utilities', and here you will see all the meters (both manual and Utility Sync meters) that are currently flowing into the property.
- Navigate to the 'Utility Sync' tab in Measurabl.
- Click the 'Add Utility Accounts' button.
- Fill out the required information > Save.
NOTE: After you enroll the account it may take up to 3 weeks for the first delivery of data to Measurabl. For this initial pull, we guarantee pulling in 2 years worth of historical data, given it is available in the portal (only linked utility provider accounts).
Additional Information & FAQs:
- Why can't I see my property in Utility Sync?
- Your property must be connected to Energy Star in order to use Utility Sync. If it is a manual property (originally created in Measurabl), it is not eligible to use Utility Sync. You will need to recreate the property in the portfolio's Energy Star account, and share it into Measurabl.
- Note that if your property is set up as a campus, the child properties will be shown as individual sites to help with categorizing where each utility account should be enrolled under.
- How do the meters appear in ENERGY STAR/Measurabl after I create my Utility Sync account?
- Your Utility Sync meter names will be in the following format “MSR.(Provider)(Account Number):(Meter Number)” in both platforms.
- New meter(s) will automatically be created for each unique account number and/or meter number that appears on the utility bills.
- What data does Utility Sync push to my Measurabl and ENERGY STAR account?
- Bill start and end dates
- Utility usage and total cost
- Demand (kw) and demand cost (electric meters only)
- Tell me more about Electric Demand tracking.
- When demand is available on the bill, Measurabl auto-populates demand and demand cost into the electric meter in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Check out this ENERGY STAR guide to learn more about demand tracking.
- I received an email about a Utility Sync issue. How do I fix it?
- Measurabl sends out a bi-weekly email, flagging any of your Utility Sync accounts with issues. You will receive this email if there are any issues with the accounts at your property(s).
- Clicking the icon in the email will take you straight to your account's Utility Sync tab so you can see which accounts have issues. For guidance on how to fix your Utility Sync issues, refer to this guide.