Property Managers are an integral part of Measurabl. You help to set up, maintain, and provide all of the granular data for the property(s) you manage. Below you will see some suggestions that we want to highlight to ensure that your time spent in Measurabl is efficient and constructive.
NOTE: If you are new to our platform or need a refresher, please see here to sign up for our next Site Manager Webinar Training or to view a past recording.
Automating Utility Data
Benefits of Using Utility Sync:
- Reduces time spent looking through bills and manually entering in data. This is especially useful if you have many meters or properties to maintain.
- Reduces human error from manual entry and improve data quality, through automation.
- You can view all of your historical utility bills, which makes it easier to source discrepancies, since there is a paper trail with bills to trace back.
There are 2 options as to how we can process your property's utility data via Utility Sync:
Reviewing Data Quality
Benefits of Reviewing Data Quality:
It is essential to regularly check that your data is accurate and up-to-date. Consistently reviewing your data allows you to gain meaningful insights and to identify opportunities for improvement for accurate data tracking.
- The following are some of the alerts/places where you can check your data quality:
- Gaps & Overlaps: You can see any gaps/overlaps in your utility data by viewing your meters' Meter Completeness field at your property. It will note the percentage of completeness ('Days with Meter Data' ÷ 'Days Data Should Exist'), as well as any gaps/overlaps - clicking into the meter will note the issue period. You will also be able to see any end gap notifications in the building-level Utilities tab, meter inspector, and Data Completeness Issues View.
- Utility Sync Integrity Issues: If you have Utility Sync set up, you can see any of the issues that are blocking us from retrieving your data by clicking into the 'Utility Sync' tab > Filtering 'Status' field to 'Has Issue'.
- Bi-Weekly Utility Sync Issue Email: Measurabl sends out bi-weekly issue emails (supplemental to the alerts within the software) to alert you of Utility Sync issues at your property that need addressing. It includes a short description of the issue, as well as a link that will guide you on how to resolve it.
- Data Quality Alerts: Using data science and machine learning, Measurabl immediately alerts you of intensity outliers and year-over-year variations in your utility data. These alerts help you pinpoint and address potential data quality concerns.
- Site Trends: View month-over-month, year-over-year, normalized consumption trends (site trends).
Tracking Other Property Information
Benefits of Tracking Property Information:
Adding supplemental property info eliminates back-and-forth with stakeholders requesting information and also reduces the need for tracking in spreadsheets. Once complete, you are able to see a historical record of all lifecycle stages and achievements in one place.
- Here is a list of some important items that can be tracked via Measurabl:
- Manual Utility Data: If you aren't opting to use Utility Sync, you can individually or bulk add your meters & readings.
- Property Details: Make sure the property details are correct: site name, address, year built, class & custom ID.
- Projects & Audits: Track your property's efficiency measures.
- Certifications & Ratings: Track your property's accolades.
- Occupancy Data: Once navigated to your property. Click the 'Edit' button next to the property name. In the 'Control' tab, fill out the Control Type, Percent (%) Owned, Tenancy information, and occupancy readings.
- Lifecycle Events: Track your property's construction dates, bought, sold, and fair market values.
- NOTE: Most of this data can be entered in bulk with one of our bulk upload templates!